Filopto System Requirements
Filopto uses the client / server software model for maximum efficiency and scalability. The Filopto system requirements should be considered as the minimum required, recognizing that enhancements to the listed minimum will improve speed and performance of the system. Microsoft list minimum requirements for its operating system, we recommend that they be enhanced for acceptable performance.
Download the: Filopto 9 System Requirements
Please contact us with your questions and it will be our pleasure to provide some FREE guidance on appropriate equipment for your environment.
|Minimum Requirements||Single User / Client Workstation||Server|
|Operating System*||Windows 10, 8.1, 7 32 and 64 bit, Premium or Business, Enterprise, Ultimate + Microsoft .Net 4.6|
Mac OS using Parallel emulator or Remote Desktop
IOS, Android using Remote Desktop
|Windows 2016, 2012R2, 2012, 2008R2, Server + Microsoft .Net 4.6|
Due to the vast array of CPU/APU options available in the marketplace, the Passmark CPU rating are used as guidance. The Passmark CPU rating provides a comparative rating of the performance between CPU’s. A higher rating number means the CPU has more processing capacity. Multi-core processors will provide better performance since they can process more than 1 task at a time. www.cpubenchmark.net
|Slow – 802-1920 Average – 1926-3990 Fastest – 3995-25,192||CPU rating of 5895 -25,192|
|RAM memory||4+ GB (minimum)|
Standalone video cards with 1 GB+ of video ram will provide the best performance, APU (integrated graphic cards) if properly implemented (with enough CPU RAM memory) will provide adequate performance. Users seeking the highest video performance should choose computers with dedicated graphics cards. Graphics processors are powerful parallel processors. This ability is being harnessed and used in Windows for various other computing tasks in addition to graphics processing. A good graphic processor will improve your overall computer performance.
|Minimum (1366x768) with DirectX 10-class graphics processor|
EMR module requires HD 1080p resolution which is 1980 X 1080
|(1366X768) with 1 GB video memory, If using remote desktop with FX service a higher grade video card may be required. See Windows recommendations.|
|Free Hard Disk Space and speed|
50+ GB free available Hard disk space
|Network Card – TCP/IP Protocol||1 Gbps|
|Backup Unit or Service||Yes|
|Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)||Optional||Recommended|
|Antivirus / Anti-Malware||Recommended|
UEFI Bios based motherboard is required to meet certain USA data security requirements. (may not be applicable for all users)
Microsoft places limits on the connectivity and capabilities of the operating systems (number of users that can be connected at one time). Also operating systems life cycle are limited (this means support and updates are no longer available, Accra Med Software Inc. cannot support products no longer supported by their manufacturer). We recommend that the most current operating system be used when purchasing new equipment. The current recommended operating systems are Microsoft Windows 7, 8 64 bit Pro, Premium, Ultimate or Enterprise and Microsoft Windows server 2012 R2. Home versions of the Windows desktop operating system are not supported . Filopto makes use of the Windows media platform which needs to be installed if not installed automatically in the Windows version you are using.
SERVERS * Peer to Peer network Microsoft limits the number of concurrent TCP/IP connections possible (number of users connected) when using a desktop operating system, we do not recommend using a peer to peer network approach for offices with more than 4 workstations. Filopto uses 2 or more TCP/IP connection per user.
Client Server Network* This network is scalable and can accommodate any size organization distributed worldwide. Filopto also functions in Hyper-V and VMWare environments.
WORKSTATIONS* Workstation can be standalone PC’s, laptops, tablets, or thin clients connected to a Filopto server with remote desktop. When using remote desktop (direct Access-Windows 2012 R2 Server service) other devices such as tablets from Apple, IOS and Android, and Windows are supported.
OTHER REQUIRED SYSTEMS & DEVICES:
- Backups: Accra Med Software offers a remote backup service for your office or you can use some other off-site backup tool.
- Internet Connection: High Speed Internet connection (Cable/DSL), the help file requires an Internet connection to be viewed.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network): Required (HIPAA) if transferring or using Filopto over the Internet. Consult with your certified IT professional to determine which VPN solution is best for you.
- Printers: Any Windows compliant printer
- Scanners, Diagnostic Equipment: Any Windows scanner that will scan directly to .PDF format or save an image
- Bar code Scanner: Any keyboard wedge / USB bar code readers compatible with Windows
- Digital Camera, Diagnostic Equipment: Any digital image can be labeled, annotated & linked into a patient’s electronic medical record as if the image can be saved as a JPG, PNG, GIF, or TIF format.
- Firewall: Consult with your certified IT professional to determine which firewall is best for you.
- Anti-Virus: Recommended, numerous vendors are available.
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply): Servers should be UPS protected to insure reliability and security of your data in the even of a power fluctuation or failure.