Filopto System Requirements
Filopto uses the client/server software model for maximum efficiency and scalability. The Filopto system requirements should be considered as the minimum required, recognizing that enhancements to the listed minimum will improve speed and performance of the system. Microsoft lists minimum requirements for its operating system, we recommend that they be enhanced for acceptable performance.
Download the: Filopto 10 System Requirements
Please contact us with your questions. It will be our pleasure to provide some free guidance on appropriate equipment for your environment.
Single User / Client Workstation
|Operating System*||Windows 10, 8.1, 64 bit, Premium or Business or Enterprise, Microsoft .Net 4.7.1+
Mac OS using Parallel emulator or Remote Desktop
IOS, Android using Remote Desktop
|Windows 2016 or 2012R2, Server + Microsoft .Net 4.7.1+|
Due to the vast array of CPU/APU options available in the marketplace, the Passmark CPU rating is used as guidance. The Passmark CPU rating provides a comparative rating of the performance between CPU’s. A higher rating number means the CPU has more processing capacity. Multi-core processors will provide better performance since they can process more than 1 task at a time. www.cpubenchmark.net
|Slow – below 5,380 – Not Recommended
Better Performance — 5,385-28,860
|CPU rating of 7,000 -28,860|
|RAM memory||See Recommendations in PDF|
Standalone video cards with 1 GB+ of video ram will provide the best performance, APU (integrated graphics cards) if properly implemented (with enough CPU RAM memory) will provide adequate performance. Users seeking the highest video performance should choose computers with dedicated graphics cards. Graphics processors are powerful parallel processors. This ability is being harnessed and used in Windows for various other computing tasks in addition to graphics processing. A good graphics processor will improve your overall computer performance.
|Minimum (1366x768) with DirectX 10-class graphics processor
EMR module requires HD 1080p resolution which is 1980 X 1080
|(1366X768) with 1 GB video memory,
If using remote desktop with FX service a higher grade video card may be required. See Windows recommendations.
|Free Hard Disk Space and speed
50+ GB free available Hard disk space
See document for speed comparison
|Network Card – TCP/IP Protocol||1 Gbps|
|Backup Unit or Service||Yes|
|Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)||Optional||Recommended|
|Antivirus / Anti-Malware||Recommended|
UEFI Bios based motherboard is required to meet certain USA data security requirements. (may not be applicable for all users)
Microsoft places limits on the connectivity and capabilities of the operating systems (number of users that can be connected at one time). Also, operating systems life cycle is limited (this means support, fixes, and updates are no longer available. Servers typically have a 5 year support period. Starting with Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft will only support it and future September-targeted Windows 10 release for 30 months’ from the release date, while the March-targeted releases starting with 1903 will have 18 months’ support. Accra Med Software Inc. cannot support an operating system that is no longer supported by the manufacturer. Home editions of Windows are not supported due to their limitations. Accra Med Software Inc., cannot support products that are no longer supported by their manufacturer). We recommend that the most current operating system be used when purchasing new equipment. The current recommended operating systems are Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit Pro or Enterprise and Microsoft Windows Server 2016. Home versions of the Windows desktop operating system are not supported. Filopto makes use of the Windows media platform which needs to be installed if not installed automatically in the Windows version you are using.
SERVERS * Peer to Peer network Microsoft limits the number of concurrent TCP/IP connections possible (number of users connected) when using a desktop operating system, we do not recommend using a peer to peer network approach for offices with more than 4 workstations. Filopto uses 2 or more TCP/IP connection per user.
Client-Server Network* This network is scalable and can accommodate any size organization distributed worldwide. Filopto also functions in Hyper-V and VMWare environments.
WORKSTATIONS* Workstation can be standalone PC’s, laptops, tablets, or thin clients connected to a Filopto server with remote desktop. When using remote desktop (direct Access-Windows 2016 Server service) other devices such as tablets from Apple, IOS and Android, and Windows are supported.
OTHER REQUIRED SYSTEMS & DEVICES:
- Backups: Accra Med Software offers a remote backup service for your office or you can use some other off-site backup tool.
- Internet Connection: High-Speed Internet connection (Cable/DSL), the help file requires an Internet connection to be viewed.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network): Required (HIPAA) if transferring or using Filopto over the Internet. Consult with your certified IT professional to determine which VPN solution is best for you.
- Printers: Any Windows compliant printer
- Scanners, Diagnostic Equipment: Any Windows scanner that will scan directly to.PDF format or save an image
- Barcode Scanner: Any keyboard wedge / USB barcode readers compatible with Windows
- Digital Camera, Diagnostic Equipment: Any digital image can be labeled, annotated & linked into a patient’s electronic medical record as if the image can be saved as a JPG, PNG, GIF, or TIF format.
- Firewall: Consult with your certified IT professional to determine which firewall is best for you.
- Anti-Virus: Recommended, numerous vendors are available.
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply): Servers should be UPS protected to ensure reliability and security of your data in the event of a power fluctuation or failure.